Saturday, September 14, 2019

SOMETHING NEW: Book Stacks...The Real Thing ... Not My Digital Downloads !

Set of 3 recycled paperbacks. I designed the covers and spines, then attached them to the old books. The embellishment is air dry clay molded from an antique cookie mold. Sari silk ribbon is wrapped around each book. They are not bound together, like we usually see done, because I wanted people to be able to pick them up and enjoy both sides.

Edges are scuffed up with brown in and metallic gold paint. Colors are aqua, black on white paper.

The theme is "Mother and Child, " so I made one book with ABCs, and another with a fairy and baby, and the third is an antique Cinderella chapbook cover from the mid-1800's. I designed the backside of that one, "The Little Glass Slipper." Evidently that was the original title of "Cinderella" way back when.

The listing is here on in my etsy shop... https://www.etsy.com/listing/722834304/decorative-books-shabby-chic-decor?ref=shop_home_active_1&frs=1


                             













No comments:

Post a Comment